Chimera Entertainment's first game, Windchaser, combines an innovative genre mix of 3-D real-time tactics, a story based campaign, many fantasy role-playing elements and a pinch of strategy in the shape of a mobile headquarters.
Together with the crew of an air-sailing ship, the player resorts to sword and magic to fight human opponents and battle an ancient, resurrected evil power. Only our hero Ioan with his spirited girlfriend Shara and an old soldier called Caine, can save the fantasy world Ensai from the upcoming apocalypse. Long ago a war devastated the industrial and highly cultured world of Ensai destroying most of their knowledge and achievements in the “Weltenbrand”.
The few survivors turned their backs on the old civilization and with great effort a new society based on guilds was forged. Rediscovered, old, technological artifacts from the time before the “Weltenbrand” were used, and to today’s inhabitants of Ensai they seem like powerful magic devices.
With the hero Ioan, the player takes control of the Windchaser, one of the mighty air-sailing ships that serve the guilds of Ensai as mobile bases. Using the Windchaser, the player recruits new companions which will advance in different character classes. Three different fighting styles in grouped combat allow the player to adapt and develop the best strategy depending on the situation and adversary.
Your Earth-saving mission will include:
- Experience a campaign with two parts of 15 missions laced with intrigue and surprising twists.
- Enjoy an innovative tactical system based on the Rock, Paper, Scissors principle with leader bonuses, different fight styles, individual skills and global character skills.
- Control up to four parties, each consisting of up to five combat units.
- Combat units can be adapted to any challenge through training.
- Use the Windchaser as a mobile and expandable headquarters with workshops, training and trading facilities, a sacrificial shrine and herbal gardens to brew powerful potions.
- Collect artifacts, explore and improve the Windchaser to equip your own units.